Inventive ways to improve patient care
Co-workers here at Rex have a very special perspective on what will benefit our patients. To put their ideas into action, our Co-worker Grants program funds a broad variety of their highly creative and worthy proposals.
When you contribute to our Co-worker Grants program, here are examples of what you make possible.
- Music as medicine. CD players and music CDs provide relaxation and relief to end-of-life patients. Researchers have found music lessens pain and reduces stress.
- Protein supplements for cancer patients struggling with the side effects of treatment
- Help for a healing heart. Many recovering heart patients can’t afford essential items, such as blood pressure cuffs and digital scales, to monitor their health at home and avoid more hospital admissions. Your gifts help provide take-home Rex Cares bags filled with these vital items.
- To ease women laboring in childbirth, shower massages and waterproof ultrasound equipment
- Software that protects blood supplies against malaria by screening blood donors
- Fever thermometers to keep children safe from a seizure caused by a high fever. This small item can save a life by helping parents know when a child needs to see a doctor.
- To save patients from pain, an innovative infrared device that illuminates veins, making it easier to start an IV or draw blood, avoiding second sticks.